Earlier we wrote about the Internet of Energy Network (IOEN); a technology that is unlocking the capability for our energy grids to support more renewable energy. IOEN enables homes anywhere to operate as an intelligent cooperative electricity system, where Internet of Things (IoT) devices in the network adjust their behavior to suit local grid needs and the needs of individuals, based on economic incentives.
This week marks a big step forward for IOEN in their first exchange listing on Gate.io. This follows their successful Dual-IDO on the launch pads TrustSwap and TrustPad. IOEN will also be launching on the decentralized exchanges Uniswap and Quickswap.
Staking with IOEN
Now that IOEN is out there, it is also time to address the partnership with Kaizen Finance, to provide immediate access to staking for the IOEN community. “Partnering with Kaizen Finance enables us to create immediate staking benefits for our earliest supporters. This is a groundbreaking approach that we are excited to debut immediately after IDO” said Adam Bumpus.
Through working with Kaizen Finance, IOEN is able to have an immediate staking mechanism to provide the purchasers of IOEN tokens instant access to staking, with 100% APY for three months. IOEN is excited to bring this to the community; using the first-ever token lifecycle management platform. More than that, Kaizen supports the fundamentals of IOEN, the first steps towards the ability to stake tokens for governance, the creation of IOEC local credits, and the bootstrapping of the network. Successful purchasers will be able to lock their tokens and receive immediate benefits, joining the IOEN ecosystem of tiered discounts, exclusive events, and as well as high APY staking rewards (up to 100% APY).
Meet the Team
But who are the passionate people behind IOEN? Let’s give them a quick introduction:
- Adam Bumpus is the Executive Director and Co-Founder of IOEN. He worked in climate and energy technology innovation for nearly 20 years, helping organisations like the UN, World Bank, and the private sector improve clean energy investment and innovation. In 2018, Adam co-founded RedGrid, one of Australia’s leading energy software companies that is blazing the path towards decentralisation.
- Simon Wilson is the CTO, Director and Co-Founder of IOEN. With a background primarily in Financial Services Technology Simon has over ten years of experience working for and with leading Australian banks in both a global and domestic capacity. His role has spanned many areas of Technology including a position with NAB as their joint working group lead for Blockchain Technology and strategy. This role comprised; group education, evangelising of the technology opportunity and threats, development of business opportunities as well as contribution, establishment, and execution of many Blockchain related experiments, PoC’s, Pilots, collaborations, and partnerships.
- Alex Evans is Content and Brand Lead, and Co-Founder. Alex has been in the blockchain space for the past 7 years. In that time he has worked with world-renowned blockchain organisations, including ConsenSys in New York. Since then, Alex co-founded the leading clean energy technology company RedGrid in 2018. As marketing lead at IOEN, Alex is also developing IOEN’s NFT strategy.
- Mike Gamble is Lead Architect and Data Privacy, and Co-Founder. He was co-host of the first Blockchain Developers Meetup in Melbourne, AU in 2015, and sat on the advisory panel for the 2nd annual APAC Blockchain conference in 2018. Later that year he brought Holochain to RedGrid, and the rest is history.
- Emily Loving is Product and Operations Lead. She is an experienced product leader who specialises in developing vision and roadmaps for business. Among Emily’s specialties include product strategy, IoT technology, and continuous discovery. In 2021, Emily led the product development of the RedGrid Powers App, the first implementation of IOEN technology in the real world.
- And last, but not least there is David Atkinson, Director and Strategy Lead. He is one of the founding members of Holochain and Holo, leading Holochain’s commercial development. He has extensive experience in the crypto and post-blockchain industry, technology, and markets.
More info on the staking of IOEN you can find here, and if you want to know more about the team, look them up here…